Technology is at the core of ICCNexergy’s business, and the quality of our engineering and sales teams is one of our major competitive strengths. With more than 100 engineers and a multi-tiered sales channel extending throughout the US, Western and Eastern Europe, Asia and the Middle East, we possess the broad capabilities needed to take major applications from concept to production to final delivery in a timely and cost-effective manner.
Global Applications Support
ICCNexergy’s standard development process involves detailed review of customer requirements by our global applications engineering team. We work with you to develop and deliver a complete rechargeable system optimized to the needs of your end application. Our extensive engineering expertise can guide you through prototyping, testing, tool development and production.Our applications engineers provide front end application support and facilitate all communication with our design centers.
Dedicated Design Centers
ICCNexergy owns and operates two dedicated design centers: one in Colorado and one located near a major university hub in Guang Zhou, China. Our state of the art facilities, completely dedicated to product development, provides us with vast depth and breadth in engineering. Our two design centers focus on functional layout and design. Our experts in software, electrical and mechanical engineering allow us to provide powerful solutions completed in-house and on schedule, minimizing the design cycle, reducing costs and speeding your time to market.
As one of the largest battery pack designers and manufacturers in North America, we maintain close relationships with nearly all of the major battery cell manufacturers. The strength of those relationships allows us to ensure the supply of virtually any battery chemistry, size and technology to fit your requirements. In most cases, our relationship with the manufacturer includes the contractual right to pass through their cell warranty to our customers.
Circuit and Firmware Design
Most battery pack and charger designs are based on ICCNexergy proprietary firmware. This allows full optimization of charging protocols, safety and fuel gauging algorithms. We utilize state of the art development methods and tools, and we have a large staff of experienced engineers that make up our electronic circuit design team, which creates the optimal design and layout of battery management circuitry.
This includes lithium ion safety protection; fuel gauging and authentication to prevent counterfeiting; and cell balancing for optimal battery pack performance. With complete in-house electronic circuit assembly, we can quickly get even the most complex designs from prototyping to production, significantly reducing your time to market.
Our technology experts possess in-depth experience and expertise in circuit and firmware design.
Our application-specific experience includes:
- Fuel gauge circuits utilizing custom algorithms for calculating battery capacity and state of health
- Safety circuit designs with consideration to key application parameters such as inrush currents, charge and discharge rates and cell selection to provide the utmost protection for your battery
- Host communication solutions with the latest SMBus, 1-wire, 2-wire or proprietary
- Protocols to allow the battery to communicate with the host device
PCB Layout and Fabrication
ICCNexergy performs a full range of hardware development functions, including in-house PCB layout, prototyping and production fabrication. Our engineers are experts in the field and understand layout challenges related to signal integrity, regulatory and EMI requirements. We have flexible production lines and offer state of the art manufacturing methods with emphasis on quality control.
ICCNexergy has experienced layout designers and advanced in-house printed circuit board assembly (PCBA) processes.
Our custom capabilities include:
- In-house PCB layouts
- The latest surface mount and pick-and-place machines enabling high-volume, cost-effective board population
- Advanced reflow oven technology
- Multiple-layer flexible and rigid PCBA capability
- Quick-turn PCB capabilities to meet urgent customer needs
Our skilled team of engineers collaborate with you to create a robust mechanical design. Our in-house tooling and molding capabilities allow us to take the design from concept to first shots quickly and cost effectively.
ICCNexergy utilizes the latest computer-controlled systems to provide complete battery cell and pack performance characterization specific to your application.
Our testing capabilities include:
- State of the art testing systems with several hundred individually controlled channels for cycle testing battery cells
- Customized testing programs
- Detailed data on all performance testing
- Total system performance testing including battery pack, adapter and charger
- Cell qualification to determine cycle life, capacity, and accelerated life and storage analysis
After thorough testing of a prototype, we have vertically integrated global manufacturing and supply solutions that scale to your volume needs at one of our assembly centers in China, Mexico or Colorado. Our seamless process allows you complete control of your product from design to full-scale production.